Cut & emboss memory book
This concertina memory book is a perfect way to capture all your adventures, whether these are you own fun memories, or as a gift for someone else to remember a special time. Pretty papers and cut & emboss folders make this oh-so-easy.
1. Fold and crease an A4 sheet of Kraftstax cardstock into three equal panels to form the base of the concertina card.
2. Cut six pieces of various Capsule Elements Wood and co-ordinating papers to measure 19 x 9cm. These will form the backgrounds. Stick one in place on each panel.
3. Trim some sections for journaling and holding photographs, using the floral frame cut & emboss folder. Define the embossed areas with a white ink pad. Provide space to slip in photographs by adhering the panels with 3D foam tape.
4. Cut or decorate some tags to hide additional mementos and notes, slipping underneath strips of cardstock and handmade pockets. Add additional embellishments, creating them with the selfie frame dies, arrow mini dies, ‘Live life’ mini sentiment dies and any others designs you have in your stash! Use a white gel pen to add faux stitching to some elements of the project.
5. Finally, slip in all your photos, journaling and memorabilia from the special adventure. Add twine to secure the memory book closed when folded up.
Project and how-to instructions created by Jennie Nicell. Originally published in the April issue (81) of docrafts Creativity magazine.
Anita's Gel Pen Trio (DOA 855100)
Ink Pad White (DOA 550106)
Tacky Glue (PVA 22171)
Papermania Bare Basics Natural Jute Set (PMA 174171)
A4 Kraftstax (PMA 160604)
Coloured Paper Pack 12 x 12" (PMA 160503)
Mini Metallic Brads (PMA 3741104)
Capsule Wood Elements 12 x 12" Paper Pack (PMA 160250)
Stick It 3D Foam Tape (STI7201)
Xcut Alphas Mini Dies (XCU 503625)
Arrows Mini Dies (XCU 504084)
Bunting Mini Dies (XCU 503622)
Love Life Mini Dies (XCU 504053)
Selfie Frame and Sentiments Small Dies (XCU 504085)
Script Alphabet Dies (XCU 504081)
Square Parenthesis Dies (XCU 503401)
12" Xtrim Lite (XCU 268404)