Deco design haunted house
Distress and manipulate the Papermania A4 Decoupage Pack Deco Design Parisian to create your very own haunted house! Pop a battery-operated candle inside and you’ve got the best-decorated house in town.
1. Transfer the base of the house from the decoupage pack onto tan coloured cardstock and distress by dabbing a sponge into an Artiste black and chocolate ink pad, rub onto the cardstock. You will not need the four tabs along the bottom edges, as the bottom of your house will be open.
2. Use the arched window from the set as a template to create your windows, draw onto each side of your base and fussy cut the negatives. Add the cross bars by cutting strips of cardstock and attaching to the reverse side. Do the same for the door.
3. Follow the instruction sheet provided in the decoupage pack and use the decoupage embellishments to build the details of the house, ink each piece as before.
4. Die cut two orange pumpkins with the Xcut Mini Die Pumpkin; ink one all over and the edges of the other. Fix the inked edge pumpkin on top of the other and attach to the front of the house with Stick It! 3D Foam Pads.
5. Using black cardstock, die cut two witches with the Xcut Mini Die Witch, cut another in brown cardstock. Trim off the brooms from the black witches, then adhere a black witch either side of the brown witch and pop onto the roof.
6. Fix a few die cut bats created with the Xcut Mini Die Bats to the roof of the house by using thin strips of Anita’s 12 x 12" Acetate (10pk) Plain.
7. Place a battery operated candle inside the house and watch it come alive.
Project, photography and how-to instructions by PDT member Jackie Jasper.
12 x 12" Acetate (10pk) Plain (PMA 1681200)
Dye Ink Pad Black (DOA 550205)
Dye Ink Pad Chocolate (DOA 550204)
A4 Decoupage Pack Deco Design Parisian (PMA 169140)
Mini Die (2pcs) Bats (XCU 503643)
Mini Die Pumpkin (XCU 503648)
Mini Die Witch (XCU 503649)