Illustrated scrapbook layout
Embark on the calm on soothing process of illustrating and stitching a bold and beautiful scrapbook layout featuring one 'Gorjuss' girl.
1. Stamp the girl and the bluebird from the Santoro Gorjuss Bluebird's Proposal Rubber Stamp onto white cardstock with a black ink pad. Use a little water and a brush to blend and colour the artwork using Santoro Watercolour Dual-tip Pens Neutrals and Santoro Watercolour Dual-tip Pens Brights. Leave the foliage at the base of the log uncoloured. Fussy cut the girl and the bluebird, then fix the bird onto the log next to other bird using a Stick it! 3D Foam Square.
2. Position the girl at the bottom of a 12 x 12'' white piece of cardstock then begin the illustrated flowers. Draw the flower stems with two tones of green from the Artiste Watercolour Dual-Tip Pens & Caddy, don’t draw them to high up the page as you need to leave room for the flowers. Go over the stems with a damp brush to widen them in places, making them look more realistic.
3. On a separate piece of white cardstock and with the same two pens, draw several leaf shapes. Add water with a brush, blending the ink across each leaf. With the brighter colours from the caddy, draw tiny purple flowers, flower buds, small orange flowers, large daisy flowers in red and large lilies' in a dusky pink. Fussy cut, score and bend down the centre of each leaf.
4. Sew lines along the stems in co-ordinating thread, starting with the darkest, then lightest. Next, fix down the lighter green leaves with the sewing machine. Attach the flower buds, orange flowers, daisies, lilies' and dark green leaves with a Stick it! Glue Stick.
5. Once happy with your floral illustrations and stitching, fix the girl to the page with a foam square. Position the tiny purple flowers around the base of the log to cover the original foliage. Snip some fine stamens from white cardstock for the large pink flowers and fussy cut some flower pistils from dark purple cardstock to add to the centre of the lilies'.
6. To complete the page, add the sentiment 'Think happy' using Papermania Bare Basics Adhesive Wooden Letters.
Project and how-to instructions by Sue Smith.