Light-up sign card
Light up their lives with this super-quirky card that flattens for posting. Just write your message on the back and they can keep it on their mantel-piece as home décor. Fantastic!
1. Trim a 15 x 35cm piece of white cardstock. Create score lines at 1, 2, 17, 18, 19 and 34cm. Place so that the single, 1cm score line is at the bottom and trim snip off the corners.
2. On the bottom large-square, die cut the words 'Sun, sea, sand' with the Xcut Industrial Alphabet Dies so you are left with the negative of the artwork. Die cut the Xcut Cocktail Glass Mini Die to the left of the text. Pop some Papermania 12 x 12'' Acetate behind.
3. Die cut the word 'Sun' in pink cardstock, 'Sea' in teal, 'Sand' in yellow and the cocktail glass in purple. Fix the die-cuts into the negatives with a Sailor 2 in 2 Glue Pen.
4. Take the other parts of the cocktail glass mini die and die cut the olive in green cardstock twice, the stirrer in the same purple as the glass and the lemon in the same yellow as the letters 'Sand'. Fix accordingly onto the glass, snipping the lemon in half.
5. Take two of the white Create Christmas 20 LED Light Strings and begin to fix to the back of the letters with washi tape. Make sure the batteries are at the bottom of the card.
6. Once happy with the placement of the lights, fix the card base together with the tab and double sided tape.
Project and how-to instructions by Amy Nichols.