Metal effect trinket box
Your present will certainly stand out in this little number! Use the Xcut Folk Floral Scene Die to create a glorious display with edge. Heat embossed and painted, every detail counts to make this trinket box extra special.
1. Measure and cut nine panels from strong cardstock to match the area of a large Bare Basics box. (The exact sizes and quantities can be found below).
2. Die cut the Xcut folk floral scene several times, arrange and glue onto the panels. If the die-cut pieces overlap the edges of your panel, simply trim to size.
3. Cover the large Bare Basics Box and decorative panels with Metallic Silver Artiste Acrylic Paint then add definition using the Xcut 4 in 1 Embossing Pen.
4. Dry brush Noir Artiste Acrylic Paint over the surfaces using circular movements, and allow to dry slightly. Use a soft cloth to gently rub the paint away from the raised surfaces.
5. Use Anita’s Tacky Glue to adhere the panels to the box, ensuring that the 5cm deep ones sit level with the base of the box.
Panel sizes and quantities
1x 16.5 cm x 11.5 cm
2x 16.5 cm x 2.8 cm
2x 11.5 cm x 2.8 cm
2x 16.5 cm x 5 cm
Project, photography and how-to instructions by PDT member Claire Boelema.