Perfect for summer, this Moroccan lantern is a pretty addition to that picturesque table at a fancy barbecue. Add three or four battery operated tea lights inside for a beautiful candle like effect.
1. Take a sheet of laser cut paper from the Papermania Moroccan Blue A4 Vellum and Laser Cut Paper Pack, curve the sheet round securing in place with a line of adhesive along the edge.
2. Attach a piece of Anita’s A4 Plain White Parchment Vellum to the inside fixing it at the top and bottom. Adhere a 2cm strip of blue cardstock around the inside top to hide any glue marks.
3. Trim a 6.5 x 21.5cm panel of blue cardstock and scallop punch the long edge using the Xcut 4cm Scallop Border Punch. Attach a 4.5 x 21.5cm piece of paper from the Papermania Moroccan Blue A4 Ultimate Die-cut & Paper Pack on top then fix around the bottom of the lantern. Add a gemstone from the Papermania Moroccan Blue Gem Bottles to each scallop and a few to the patterned strip.
4. Repeat step 3 for the top of the lantern, only this time, cut the blue cardstock to 3.5 x 21.5cm.
5. Cut a length of blue cord from the Papermania Moroccan Blue Embellishments Pack and thread a tassel onto each end, secure the tassels in place by wrapping a length of coordinating cotton around the cord.
Project and how-to instructions by Jackie Jasper.