So, you have dressed the tree, wrapped the presents, decked the halls and put up the boughs of holly… and now for the crackers.
1. Transfer the cracker template onto a sheet of light pink, blue and mint green paper from the Papermania 12 x 12'' Coloured Paper Pack and trim with a craft knife and metal ruler.
2. Score and fold the lines as indicated on the template, then roll the crackers into a tubular shape, white on the outside, colour on the inside, securing it along the edge with a Stick it! Glue Stick. Once the adhesive is dry, cut a piece of cardstock to 12cm in length, roll it loosely and place it inside the cracker to support the middle section.
3. Use black twine from the Papermania Winter Woodland Twine pack and blue and pink twine from the Papermania Bakers Twine Spots & Stripes packs to gently tie one end of the cracker. Fill the body up with goodies from the other end, then secure.
4. Die cut the Xcut Nutcrackers Dies into white textured cardstock to use as a base to stick the detail of the die onto. For each nutcracker, die-cut again in the same colour as the inside of the cracker, then again in black and silver glittered cardstock. Paper piece each nutcracker together using the different coloured pieces. Some parts of the die may need to be fussy cut, trim the nutcrackers hair from his face. Once built, adhere each nutcracker to the centre of the crackers using double-sided tape.
5. Apply a strip of Create Christmas Silver Glitter Craft Tape around the ends of the crackers.
Project and how-to instructions by Jackie Jasper.