Meet Inky and Squid – the cutest pair of penguin baubles on the block! You can create these two festive fun penguins with only a few supplies.
1. Create a stencil in cardstock by running the 6cm circle from the Xcut Circle Nesting Dies through the Xcut Xpress Die-cutting Machine. Place the negative of the die-cut circle on the Create Christmas Decorate Your Own Chalk Bauble approximately 2cm below the top hanger then fix in place with a small piece of craft tape on the underside.
2. Carefully hold the stencil whilst painting a white circle onto each bauble with Artiste Acrylic Paint Blanc. Once dry, tidy up the painted circle using a craft knife to gently scratch off any stray paint. Continue to paint a further few coats freehand, building up a nice solid finish.
3. Die cut two small hearts in orange cardstock and glue at the tops of the painted circles. Die cut a further two large hearts, rounding off the pointed ends, then attach to the underside to create the feet.
4. Punch four tiny black circles using the Xcut Screw Hole Punch then punch four white circles with the Xcut Circle Small Palm Punch. Glue the black to the white, creating eyes. Dab a blob of Anita’s 3D Clear Gloss to each eye then attach these above the beaks.
5. Die cut two large black hearts, cut them in half lengthways then round off the pointed ends to create a wing shape. Fix these at the sides to finish.
Project photography and how-to instructions by Project Design Team member Jackie Jasper.