We just love this adorable penguin from Xcut! Make the little guy into a Christmas masterpiece with these beautiful toppers, they are perfect for popping onto gifts or hanging from the tree.
1. Using the two largest circles from the Xcut Circle Nesting Dies, cut two frames from Anita’s A4 Silver Mirri Board.
2. Cut two circles from acetate using the largest circle die.
3. Pop a frame over the top of each acetate circle and fix with Anita’s Tacky Glue.
4. Add a loop and bow made from Create Christmas Printed Ribbon Silver Stars and attach with a glue gun. Fix a Papermania Love Santa Jingle Bell in the centre of the bow.
5. Place two layers of Stick it! 5m 3D Foam Tape around the edge of one of the circles, ensuring it is hidden by the frame. Peel off the backing, add a teaspoon of Papermania Fine Glitter Iridescent in the centre then align and fix the second circle on top.
6. Die cut the Xcut Penguin Mini Die in black and white cardstock, put the bits together then shade some yellow onto the penguin’s breast and face with a yellow pencil. Add a gem to create the eye and adhere to the top of acetate.
7. Finish by adding any additional embellishments, such as Papermania 2mm Adhesive Stones Silver around the frame and stars cut from cardstock onto the acetate.
Project and how-to instructions by Kathleen Kondakor-Smith.