Pregnancy flip cards
When you discover the wonderful news that you are expecting a little bundle of joy, make a lasting memory by documenting your journey from bump to baby.
Cut kraft and white textured cardstock to the same size as a door plate page. Punch two holes in the top. Die cut all the letters from different cardstocks and funky foam. Glue together and arrange on the page. Finish with a selection of embellishments.
We're having a baby
Attach an 11 x 11cm panel of striped paper across the middle of a white page. Cut a different striped paper to 6 x 11cm. Stamp out the sentiment using black pigment ink and heat emboss with clear powder. Stick the panel onto a piece of white cardstock and attach with double-sided tape. Glue a sprinkling of sequins, adding an acetate photo pocket to finish.
Today you kicked for the first time
Die cut the words using the Xcut Script Alphabet Large Dies and two colours of cardstock. Stamp out the sentiments and trim into various sized panels with a diagonal cut at one end of each. Use the alphabet stickers to spell the word ‘TIME’. Working your way upwards, attach all the sentiments, fixing a couple in place with 3D foam pads. Punch holes to fix some decorative brads and attach the pocket.
Three months to go...
Trim a panel of patterned paper to 5 x 15cm and make a diagonal cut at one end. Attach to one of the pages. Cut a 1 x 15cm strip of the same paper and stick next to it, leaving a slight gap. Stamp and heat emboss the sentiment onto white cardstock. Trim to 1 x 15cm and attach over the paper strip. Die cut two clouds and fix to the page. Cut five balloons from patterned paper and cover with 3D gloss. Attach white thread to the base of each and adhere around the clouds.
Two months to go…
1. Cut a 7 x 11cm panel of Capsule Elements Pigment paper and stick towards the top half of a flip album page. (See inside the magazine for the full flip album tutorial). Trim a small square of patterned paper to approximately 3 x 4.5cm. Die cut ‘To go’, using the alpha mini dies, and attach to the bottom of the square. Fix to the page, overhanding the edge slightly.
2. Stamp ‘Two months’ using the script stamp set, and cut to 3.5 x 11cm. Glue a smaller piece of cardstock to the reverse and stick to the card. Attach three brads using a screw hole punch and finish off with an acetate photo pocket.
1 month to go...
Cut a 7 x 15cm panel of patterned paper and trim a fish tail end. Stamp the sentiment on a strip of vellum and heat emboss. Position on the banner and stitch along the top. Trim a mini tag and die cut '1'. Stick to the page and attach punched hearts to finish.
2 weeks to go...
Die cut seven flags and cut three lengths of jute. Fold the flags over and glue to the twine. Mount in place and fix the acetate pocket.
1. Die cut the word ‘Baby’ using the Xcut Script Alphabet Die Set, and stick to the bottom right-hand side of a flip page. Cut a 3.5 x 11cm panel of patterned paper, and glue a slightly smaller panel of cardstock to the reverse side. Adhere this panel just above the letters.
2. Use the alphabet mini dies to cut ‘Welcome’, and attach on the panel, just above the word ‘Baby’. Die cut a pram, using the mini die, and stick towards the top of the panel. Die cut a few more prams in different colours and the heart-shaped offcuts as embellishments.
How to create the structure
1. Take a page from the doorplate album and lay the panel at on the worktop or a cutting mat. Cut a 7 x 12cm panel off the end without the holes.
2. Apply a thin line of glue along the bottom edge of another chipboard page. Push the panel onto the page so that the page is leaning in at a slight angle.
3. Cover the front and underside of the stand with white cardstock, punching the holes. Repeat for the reverse of the stand using a complementary coloured cardstock.
Project and how-to instructions by Jackie Jasper. Project originally published in the July issue (84) of docrafts Creativity magazine.