Shabby-chic birthday card
Whip up this fun and rustic birthday card in no time at all, it’s perfect for the men in your life!
1. Take a piece of A4 white cardstock and fold it in half. Pick a wooden paper from the Papermania Capsule Elements Wood A4 Ultimate Die-Cut & Paper Pack for your background and trim down to the size of the card. Place to one side.
2. Cut a piece of Anita’s A4 Clear Vellum ¼'' smaller than your wooden paper piece. Dab the edges with an ink pad to create a distressed look.
3. Die cut five tags in various papers from the ultimate pack using the Xcut Ornate Birdcages Large Die. Fix large letter stickers from the ultimate pack to the front of each tag to spell out the word ‘Happy’, choosing colours that contrast with the tags. Attach some twine to each one and adhere to the vellum with Stick It! 3D Foam Adhesive Squares. Position at different angles for a fun look.
4. Apply double-sided tape to the back of the vellum, hiding it behind the tags. Mount onto your wooden paper and position the tag strings over the top. Adhere at the back with tape.
5. Select the small letter stickers from the ultimate pack to spell out the word ‘Birthday’ and fix with foam squares. Mount the whole piece onto your card base to finish.
Project, photography and how-to instructions by Project Design Team member Verity Biddlecombe.