Stencilling with ink
Create an ombré effect over pretty Moroccan patterns for a truly mesmerizing couple of cards. What’s more, you get two cards from one beautiful technique!
1. Choose a selection of colours from the Papermania Pigment Mini Ink Pads to create a ombré effect with. You will want at least three colours of a similar tone that will blend with each other.
2. Using the Stick it! Masking Tape Roll to loosely fix a laser cut design from the Papermania Moroccan Haze Vellum & Laser Cut Paper Pack over a 4 1/8 x 5 ¾'' panel of white cardstock.
3. Lightly apply the lightest coloured ink pad over the top with a soft bristle brush, then begin build layers to increase the colour intensity.
4. Blend the other coloured ink pads into the first, from one colour to another. Continue changing colours until the card panel is completely covered. Remove the laser cut stencil and put to one side. Once dry, trim 1/8'' off all four sides and foam mount onto an A6 card blank.
5. Place a thin strip of silver Xcut Xtras’ A5 Adhesive Metal Effect Silver over the card, followed by a thicker strip of Anita’s Plain White Parchment Vellum. Pop the sentiment 'Hello' on top using the alphabet stickers from the Papermania Moroccan Haze A4 Ultimate Die-cut & Paper Pack using Stick it! 3D Foam Squares.
'Thank you' card
1. Trim down the laser cut piece of paper you previously used as a stencil to A6 and pop onto a white A6 card blank with Anita’s Tacky glue.
2. Die cut a circle in vellum using the Xcut Circle Nesting Dies, and add a strip of coordinating cardstock over the top. Die cut the word 'Thank', fix to the strip of cardstock, then add the word 'You' underneath using the rose gold foiled stickers from the Moroccan Haze ultimate pack.
Project and how-to instructions by Project Design Team member Verity Biddlecombe.