Willow magic slider
Nature and femininity are the twin themes of Santoro’s Willow collection. This rustic frame works perfectly with the autumnal stamp, but the real magic happens when you slide out the image and the colour is revealed!
1. Stamp the Santoro Souvenir D’Hiver Colour Me In Rubber Stamp onto a sheet of acetate and again onto a sheet from the Faber-Castell Mixed Media Art Pad.
2. Scribble selected colours from the Santoro Willow Watercolour Pens onto a Papermania Acrylic Block. Working in small sections, wet the paper and then use a damp brush to pick up the pigment and colour the image.
3. Run a length of Stick It double sided tape across the top of the coloured image and align the acetate. Trim to size.
4. To create the card base, cut a rectangle of white cardstock 1.5cm larger than the stamped artwork and insert it between the layers.
5. Select a rust coloured piece of cardstock and mat onto a 5 x 7'' card blank.
6. Carefully run a narrow line of Anita’s Tacky Glue around the edge of the white card and adhere to the card.
7. Create a frame from the Santoro Willow glittered paper and mount onto the rust coloured mat, ensuring that the image is contained within the aperture.
8. Die cut four leaves using the Xcut Dinky Die then colour them using Santoro Mini Ink Pads.
9. Arrange the leaves, knotted twine, Papermania Bare Basics burlap flowers and All Occasions Sentiments onto the card. To finish, pop a bulldog clip onto the top of the acetate panel.
10. The image can now be displayed uncoloured as an entire card or, if removed from the card, as a standalone artwork.
Now you see me...now you don't!
Project photography and how-to instructions by Project Design Team member Claire Boelema