You're a star notelet
Create a dazzling and glittering card for the superstar in your life using this die cut inlay technique to hold in the glitter.
1. Trim a piece of white card to 5 x 5''. Using the star die from Xcut's Geometric Small Dies, cut out several stars from your white card. Make sure you keep all the pieces from the inside of the stars to stick back onto the card later.
2. Rotate the star die for a more interesting background, and allow some of the stars to hang off the edge.
3. Once you’ve finished die cutting the white card, die cut the same number of stars from Anita’s silver A4 Mirri Board. This doesn’t have to match the pattern, as you only need the star die cuts from this card.
4. Trim another piece of white card to the same as your star die cut background piece. Apply double sided tape to this card, making sure every area of card is covered.
5. Peel off the release paper from the tape and adhere your star die cut card piece to this.
6. Stick the silver star die cuts into your card design, rotating until the star fits in.
7. Using the die cut leftovers from your white background, insert the small inner offcuts back into the star, leaving the middle bare for the glitter later. If you find this too fiddly, skip this part and you can cover the whole of the inside of the star with glitter.
8. Cover the remaining open spaces with Papermania fine gold glitter so it adheres to the little gaps in the stars.
9. Use parchment paper over the top to help burnish then press the glitter into the tape. Wipe away loose glitter with a brush.
10. Select a die cut sentiment from the Papermania Modern Lustre A4 Ultimate Die-cut & Paper pack along with some complementary paper/vellums to match your card.
11. Trim these papers into small thin strips and mount onto the card with double sided tape. For added interest, trim the ends into banners or flag ends.
12. Foam mount the sentiment onto the card. You could mat this onto a matching Mirri pennant, trimmed down with your paper cutter and scissors to cut a small triangle out of the end.
13. Mat your design onto matching Mirri card and mount this onto an Anita’s Square card.
14. Finally, embellish the centre of your stars with Papermania Modern Lustre Gold Adhesive stones.
Project photography and how-to instructions by Project Design Team member Verity Biddlecombe.