Deco Design stationery storage
Posted by TheDocraftsTeam, 23 Feb, 2017
If your brushes, pens and other crafty supplies are looking a little forlorn, why not store them in your very own Parisian street? The Papermania Deco Design decoupage pack includes everything you need to create your own stationary holders, which are sure to inspire you to tidy up your craft table!
1. Take a sheet from the decoupage pack, and lay flat on your work surface. Draw around the template from the pack using a pencil, replacing the roof section with a straight line.
2. Cut around your shape using a ruler and craft knife, and score at the points indicated on the template. Once you have built the house, secure with double-sided tape.
3. Trim a piece of cardstock to measure 28 x 12.5cm and score at 68mm. Repeat four times, leaving a 1cm gap at one end of the card. Begin folding the card upwards, using the 1cm tab to secure in place, creating a square sleeve.
4. Fix the sleeve inside the house using double-sided tape, to create a stronger foundation to each storage container. To add extra support, cut two further squares of cardstock, approximately 67mm, and adhere to the inside and outside bottom of each box.
5. Transform your boxes into Parisian buildings by embellishing with the additional decoupage shapes, and attaching with 3D foam pads.
Project, photography and how-to instructions by PDT member Jackie Jasper.