Everyday love notelet
Posted by APassionforPaper, 01 Feb, 2018
There are times when every cardmaker needs a design that is versatile enough to fit any number of occasions... A great go-to project that can be made in advance; a handy just-in-case make. We think this is such a design – neutral in its colour palette and with a repeated star shape as its only embellishment. It’s a suitable 'wow' notelet that’ll show either gender just how much you care!
1. Cut a white 8 x 8'' card blank to measure 51⁄2 x 8'', with the fold at the top. Trim a piece of grey cardstock to 51⁄4 x 73⁄4''. Squeeze a little Artiste Metallic Silver Acrylic Paint onto a paint palette and add a few drops of water to dilute. Load a paintbrush with the paint and tap off droplets over the grey cardstock panel. Allow to dry. Repeat this with white acrylic paint, leaving to dry for a while. Dot glue from a Sailor 2 In 1 Glue Pen between the splatters and sprinkle over fine iridescent glitter. Shake off the excess and return into the pot. Put aside to dry thoroughly.
2. Stick the dry mat to the card front, leaving an even white border. Cut a rectangle of vellum to measure 51⁄4 x 73⁄4'' and tear across diagonally. Rip towards yourself and make sure the shape is narrower on one side. Stick to the lower card front with tiny dots of glue at the side edges.
3. Use all sizes of palm punches to cut a selection of stars from white and silver adhesive glitter paper. Set aside for later.
4. Die cut two larger stars from white glitter paper, using the third largest die from the nesting set. Cut a star frame from white funky foam, using the third and second biggest dies, nested within each other. Stick the dies in place with craft tape before die cutting to prevent them from moving.
5. Remove the solid inner star and apply glitteration silver dots all over the surface. Trim any overhanging parts away to neaten. Snip the foam frame at one side to fit against the edge of the card. Stick in place. Adhere the spotted star with 3D foam pads, just overlapping the frame.
6. Arrange a selection of the die-cut and punched stars around the card front, as shown. Allow some to overlap the edge of the vellum and place others behind it. Consider the spread of colours and size of stars when positioning. Add interest by raising up some star shapes on 3D foam dots and overlay some of them with each other slightly.
7. Die cut the words ‘One’ and ‘Million’ from silver glitter paper, using the lower case script die set. Place on the vellum portion of the card, considering the spacing. Die cut ‘In’ and ‘a’ from white funky foam and arrange on the front, between the previous two words. Stick your sentiment securely, using a Sailor 2 In 1 Glue Pen for best results.
Project and how-to instructions by Julie Hole. Project originally published in issue 79 of docrafts Creativity magazine.