New baby layout
Posted by TheDocraftsTeam, 10 Jan, 2018
Nothing is more special than the arrival of a newborn. Celebrate that precious moment with a truly treasured scrapbook page. Anita’s decoupage makes the dinky details so easy, and practically picks the neutral colour palette for you! Top it all off with a bold (and oh-so-accurate) title.
1. Pick your header and select the letters from an adhesive wooden pack. Bare Basics has plenty to choose from, though we used the Papermania Capsule Elements Metallics Wooden Alphabet and Adhesive Wooden Letters, and painted over the designs. Coat with several layers of Blanc Artiste Acrylic Paint and set aside to dry.
2. While drying, start building up the background of the layout. Trim a piece of white cardstock to a 10'' square and select some papers from the Papermania Paws for Thought A5 Ultimate Die-cut & Paper Pack. There are many pastel colours in this collection that are perfect for a baby-themed layout and co-ordinate with the decoupage like a dream!
3. Pick some co-ordinating plain cardstock; this layout uses baby blue and vibrant yellow. Trim your chosen papers and cardstock into triangles and strips, measuring them to ensure that they’ll fit in the top left and bottom right corners of your page. When layered together and adhered down, these create the effect of photo corners. The photo and title will sit in between them.
4. Punch some stars from papers, cardstock and adhesive cork sheet, using both the large and small traditional star palm punches. The cork will add interesting texture and dimension to the page! Put all the punched stars to one side.
5. Create your embellishment cluster with the decoupage. Select the base image from the newborn cribs sheet and adhere in the top left-hand corner of the layout. To create a cluster, fussy cut other elements from the design, such as the stars and clouds, and layer these around your main embellishment. Fix some with Stick it! 3D Foam Squares for extra dimension.
6. Retrieve your letters and mark off the top half of the letters that spell out ‘Sleep &’ with craft tape. Carefully paint the lower halves sage and pop aside to dry once again. When ready, position on the right-hand side of the layout and adhere with Anita’s Tacky Glue. Print a photo for the page and mount next to the letters, with 3D foam tape.
7. Finish the layout by arranging the punched stars around the design. Most should be concentrated in the top left-hand corner, as if they’re up in the sky.
Project and how-to instructions by Chloe Murray. Project originally published in issue 84 of docrafts Creativity magazine.