One In a Million Forever Friends Card Tutorial
Posted by TheDocraftsTeam, 14 Jul, 2015
Say it with style and make a friend forever with the Forever Friends Classic Decadence collection. The metallic foils and geometric patterns together with the classic Forever Friends characters make this collection perfect for creating cool special occasion cards.
1. Cover the front of a white 5 x 7 “ card blank with a mat of black cardstock cut to measure 12.5 x 17.5 cm leaving a narrow white border.
2. Cut gold foiled paper, slightly smaller, to measure 12 x 17 cm and stick it to the centre of the black cardstock mat.
3. Stamp the ‘you are one in a million’ stamp on to vellum with a clear pigment ink pad, heat emboss with gold embossing powder and trim the vellum piece to 4 x 16 cm cutting a ‘V’ shaped notch at one end.
4. Now take three different paper designs, cut each to 4 x 16 cm with a ’V’ shaped notch at one end, layer them up casually with the vellum piece on the top. Stick the layers together with double-sided tape and then to the card front.
5. Stamp and heat emboss the character stamp, then paper piece (see below) with a white and gold chequered paper. Cut closely around the outline and stick to the bottom right corner of the card. Tip: Use pigment ink pads for heat embossing, they stay wet longer making embossing easier.
6. Die cut two feathers from black cardstock. Apply clear ink to the pointed end of each feather, add gold embossing powder to one and silver embossing powder to the other and melt the powder with a heat tool. Tip: Be careful not to overheat the powder otherwise it will start to bubble.
7. Tie a length of metallic twine in a bow and clip a gold mini peg to the centre. Stick the peg to the card with strong glue.
8. To finish the design, add a black adhesive dome border below the gold embossed greeting.
How to Paper Piece the Character Stamp
1. Stamp the bear on to white card using a black pigment ink pad and heat emboss with clear embossing powder.
2. Stamp the bear on two paper designs with a black ink pad and heat emboss with clear embossing powder.
3. Cut out pieces of the bear from the two paper designs and stick to the white card.