Wedding pop-out layout
Posted by TheDocraftsTeam, 25 Apr, 2017
Create a scrapbook album with a difference with pull-out, pop-up and play around features. Document special occasions in one cute and co-ordinated space.
1. Cut your title from white cardstock, using the midwest alphabet dies, and adhere at the top of the page of a Geometric Kraft Scrapbook. Stick a square photo underneath and write your journaling with a white gel pen.
2. Make an envelope to store some photos in. Measure and trim a long, wide strip of cardstock and fold into three sections with a 1½" flap. Stitch two rows along either edge to join the sides together. Create some button fastenings on the flap and the main body of the envelope and wrap jute around them.
3. To create the pop-up flowers trim seven 3" squares from four colours. Fold in half twice. Fold both sides in half diagonally to make a triangle.
2. Cut a 1½" square of cardstock in half diagonally. Mark 1¼" from the point of the triangle. Draw around a 1" circle and cut out. 1 2
3. Trim around the template on the folded triangles. Open and cut one petal away. Overlap and stick the two end petals together.
4. Join flower B to flower A by overlapping the petals, and join flower C to flower A. Adhere flower D directly on top of flower A.
5. Place a second flower C on top of flower B, and a second flower B on top of flower C. Stack the last A on top of flower D.
6. Fold flat and place a glue dot on the outer centre petal of both flower As. Adhere to the inside of a card.
7. To make the heart, cut two pieces of patterned cardstock measuring 5 x 2.5". Fold in half, one with wrong sides together (outer piece) and the other with right sides together (inner piece). On the inner piece measure ½" up from the centre fold and mark, measure ½" in from each top edge and mark. Score and fold along these two lines. Die cut a 2½" heart and fold in half. Align with the centre fold of the inner piece and glue in place. Place double-sided tape on the back of the inner piece so that the pop up section is free, and attach it to the outer piece. Adhere both elements with Stick It Adhesive Squares. Finish the layout with another photo and a little envelope and journaling tag.
Project and how-to instructions by Jo Boland. Project originally published in December issue (77) of docrafts Creativity magazine.