Willson Wood anniversary card
Posted by TheDocraftsTeam, 16 Feb, 2017
Celebrating a wedding anniversary anytime soon? One year is paper, three years is leather, and five years is wood… who knew there were so many materials involved! We’ve got you covered for that five year mark with this simple and sweet Willson Wood card, embellished and embossed with the Creativity Essentials Wooden Board background.
1. To start, fold an A4 sheet of Kraftstax cardstock in half to create a portrait card blank. (Score down the centre ﬁrst for a crisp fold). Cover the front with a sheet of Willson Wood paper – positioned so that the wooden boards are lying horizontally. Trim around the edges to ﬁ t the card front.
2. Snip another panel of kraft cardstock in half and draw a curve along the bottom, using a pencil so that you can erase the lines if you’re not happy with the shape. Carefully cut along the curve, lining it up against the card front to ensure that you have enough of the patterned paper showing underneath. Stamp the wooden boards background stamp over the panel with embossing ink and sprinkle over seafoam white powder. Shake off the excess and set with a heat tool.
3. Select a leaf die – there’s a bunch to choose from in the leaves die set, otherwise the nesting dies or several woodland and floral die sets have a great variety. Lie one in the centre of the curved edge, positioned so that it’s half hanging off. Stick in place temporarily with craft tape. Run through the Xcut Xpress Machine and repeat a little further up the edge. Die cut this leaf again twice; once in a dark Xcut Xtras Adhesive Wood Effect Sheet and again in a lighter one. Adhere these to more kraft cardstock, leaving a border at the top and fussy cutting the bottom. Use the top border to fix it behind the kraft panel with 3D foam pads.
4. Attach the whole curved panel to the card front with 3D foam and trim the top off both the panel and card blank, so that it measures roughly 18cm tall. Fussy cut two trees from Willson Wood decoupage (found in the ultimate pack), snipping off the taller one twice. Layer up in the bottom left-hand corner, adhering the top with double-sided tape and the bottom with 3D foam pads.
5. Spell out ‘Five years’ with Papermania Bare Basics Adhesive Wooden Letters and paint a wooden heart with Sage Artiste Acrylic Paint. Peel off the sticky backing from your sentiment letters and position in the bottom right-hand corner. Once the heart has dried, fix this in place with a 3D foam pad.
Project and how-to instructions by Lorna Slessor. Project originally published in the November issue (76) of docrafts Creativity magazine.