Willson Wood diorama
Posted by TheDocraftsTeam, 17 Feb, 2017
If you want to try something new, why not create your own 3D forest scene in a sweet diorama, just like PDT member Julie Wilson? The Tales from Willson Wood ultimate die-cut & paper pack has so many great decoupage and die-cut pieces, perfect for designing your very own woodland scene!
1. Cover the outside of a Bare Basics circular nesting box with Willson Wood paper. Pick a different paper from the collection to cover the inside and back of the box.
2. Cut a large circle using Xcut's scalloped circle nesting die set. Create a central aperture using a smaller un-scalloped circular die, making sure to position it centrally on your cardstock. Use a little craft tape to hold the die in place as it passes through the Xpress machine.
3. Use the same circular die to cut a panel from wood-effect paper. Create two semicircles by cutting the circle in half; this should measure approximately one third of the height of the box. Cut two strips of card measuring 4.5 x 1cm. Score every 1cm and stick the remaining bottom tab to the top of the strip to make a square. Repeat this twice more, using the constructed squares to evenly space both semicircles on the inside of the diorama.
4. Embellish the inside the box with die-cuts and decoupage from the Willson Wood ultimate pack.
6. To finish, fix the scalloped circle to the front of the box and add a blue circular border.
Project, photography and how-to instructions by Julie Wilson.