Willson Wood gift set
Posted by TheDocraftsTeam, 13 Oct, 2016
Willson Wood is the perfect collection to create seasonal cards, bags and boxes, with its combination of rustic colours and earthy patterns. This gift set from our Project Design Team member Alina Bartan will get you in the mood for some autumn crafting, and is perfect for those pre-Christmas occasion gifts.
1. Embellish a brown paper bag using your favourite paper from the Tales of Willson Wood A4 ultimate die-cut and paper pack.
2. Trim the paper down to the same length as the bag, and around 5cm in width. Adhere to the back with Anita’s Tacky Glue.
3. Choose a co-ordinating sticker or die-cut sentiment from the collection to use as a gift tag, and create a hole at the top using the Xcut Screw Hole Punch. Thread a piece of Papermania’s Natural Jute through the hole and tie to the top of the bag, securing with a bow.
1. Choose a complementary Willson Wood paper and trim down to 20 x 28.7cm, so that you have a 1cm border when you adhere this to the A5 card blank.
2. Stick the woodland creature 'Best Wishes' decoupage to the centre of the card using a 3D foam pad.
1. To create your milk carton-style gift box, download the template in the sidebar and draw onto kraft cardstock.
2. Choose a Willson Wood paper and cut four rectangles to the same size as the sides of the box. Adhere the rectangles to each side. Cut a further two rectangles measuring the same size as the upper section.
3. Cut a window at the front of the box, using the Xcut Square Parenthesis Nesting Die. Adhere acetate from the Country Life A4 ultimate pack behind the window.
4. Add decoupage and die-cut embellishments from the Tales from Willson Wood collection to the front. Stick the box together using double-sided tape or Anita’s Tacky Glue, and punch two holes at the top, on the front and back. Thread jute through the holes and tie together.
Project, photography and how-to instructions by PDT member Alina Bartan.